Thursday, March 06, 2014

"How" to move forward when in a void?




Q from Kathy: 'How' do we move forward when we have felt in limbo or in a void? 

My reply: I've found that the 'how' comes from listening to those very persistent little taps and nudges that we keep shrugging off. We often ignore them because we think 'I don't have enough time for that' or 'how on earth is that going to help me with my situation or question?' when the little tap seems to have nothing to do with our specific concern. 

In my experience, if something is persistent then it is like a Hansel and Gretel cookie crumb, saying "this way this way." We often aren't shown the whole big picture of how to get somewhere but usually, if we ask, we receive some sort of nudge as to a step forward...the tricky thing is it may not seem directly related and that's where we stop ourselves from acting. 

For example, if you keep getting a nudge to clear a certain room, it may not look like it has anything to do with your question around: "what is my purpose?"...but that clearing, will lead to new space and new energy and usually leads to some sort of mental or emotional aha moment. Or you'll hear about something constantly, a certain vitamin or a book or a word. 

Your body/soul/life/the universe is constantly speaking to you. Learning to pay attention, to listen, to trust and to take action on our inner nudges is a tool we all have. Although, sometimes it has to bang us on the head for us to notice it! 

(c) Dana Mrkich 2014

1 comment:

  1. This is so true. At least, I have found it to be that way in my own life. That doesn't mean it's any easier to follow the nudges though, especially when it's something that I don't really want to do. For weeks, I've been getting nudged to run, or jog. I need the exercise, but I haven't run since I was on the high school gymnastics team, and I'm a little overweight at this point. I pulled the treadmill upstairs anyway though, and I figure, if I have to look at it all the time, I won't be able to help but use it lol... but I still can't see what it has to do with the question I've been asking repeatedly, which is Where is my creativity going next and when will I be able to make money doing what I love. I guess I need to jog behind the breadcrumbs lol

    ReplyDelete